There are currently very few restrictions on moving home due to COVID – 19.
HomeMove has updated its working procedures, as outlined in our COVID Safe Plan.
In short we can assist with your move, unless a person onsite is currently in quarantine due to COVID infection.
In which case we will need to delay your move until the quarantine period is over.
If you have any questions regarding the circumstance of your particular move, feel free to call our office on (03) 9077 3120.
Note all customers are required to complete our online form:
Please ensure this is completed prior to your move.
COVID Safe measures when moving house in Victoria.
When working in your home. We ask that you abide by the following:
- Customers minimize contact with our removalists where possible. Social distancing of 1.5 metres should be maintained.
- Customers sanitize any high-touch surfaces, such as door knobs or table tops prior to our team’s arrival. A quick wipe-down with an anti-bacterial disinfectant will suffice.
- Please advise us immediately if they or anyone onsite: is feeling sick, has developed COVID symptoms, has tested positive for the COVID virus, is currently waiting for the results of a COVID test, or has been in close contact with any person who has tested positive for the COVID virus or is in quarantine for any reason.
- Customers must advise us if any person onsite is vulnerable to the COVID virus, Eg. due to a medical condition or over the age of 70.
You must notify our office immediately if there will be any difficulties in observing the above requirements.
Please note the above COVID Safe procedures, override any information that may be contained on our standard FAQ’s page.
What HomeMove is doing to make moving home safer during lockdown?
The Coronavirus is having a huge impact on the way we live our lives and go about our work. Like everyone HomeMove is adapting daily, to help give our customers certainty and peace of mind in these challenging times. Below are some of the ways we are working to provide a safer service for our customers and staff:
1. Sanitizing of our Melbourne removals trucks and equipment, at the beginning and end of each day.
2. The regular use of sanitiser on removals jobs, and in particular at the start and end of each job.
3. Wearing of masks and gloves onsite, if a customer has requested this option prior to the move.
4. Limiting contact with customers during your move.
5. We can also provide completely Contact-Free moves, for instance, to help customers in a high-risk category. This is much safer for people who do not wish to be present at the time of their house move. This will require a little more coordination in terms of the creation of inventories, labelling of items to be moved and access to property keys. Feel free to call us to discuss this Contact Free move option.
6. Our staff must not attend work if they:
- have tested positive for COVID or are in quarantine or isolation for any reason.
- are suffering COVID like symptoms, or have come into close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID. In these cases our staff will only attend work if they have taken a Rapid Test with a negative result.
7. Keeping our teams up to date with all current rules, restrictions and best COVID safe hygiene procedures.
Please note the information presented above provides no guarantee that your move will go ahead as planned. We note that information is changing regularly and without notice. We recommend you make your own enquiries with relevant government authorities, to be certain the activity you wish to undertake is permissible under prevailing restrictions. There are strict quarantine and hygiene rules and restrictions in place to prevent the spread of COVID 19. We ask that you become familiar with these rules, and comply with them. We note there are penalties in place for breaches of current rules and restrictions.
If you have any questions please reach out to us on (03) 9077 3120.