HomeMove can operate as a permitted business during Stage 4 restrictions. We are classifed as a Road Transport (passenger and freight) business. We have implemented new working procedures, as outlined in our COVID Safe Plan. All workplaces operating during Stage 4 lockdown must have a COVID Safe plan.
The DHHS released updated Stay At Home Directions.
Section 10 states that a person may leave a premises in which they ordinarily reside if:
– the premises in which the person ordinarily resides is no longer available or suitable for them to reside in or
– for the purposes of moving to a new residence at which the person will ordinarily reside.
Moving to or from storage should also be allowed, if related to the above activities.
HomeMove can also provide delivery transport services, if receiving goods from an open and authorised business.
When working in your home we will be implementing more stringent COVID safety measures in line with Stage 4 restriction guidelines. We ask that you abide by the following:
Please note the above COVID Safe procedures, override any information that may be contained on our standard FAQ’s page.
The Corona virus is having a huge impact on the way we live our lives and go about our work. Like everyone HomeMove is adapting daily, to help give our customer certainty and peace of mind in these challenging times. Below are some of the ways we are working to provide a safer service for our customers and staff:
1. Sanitizing of our Melbourne removals trucks and equipment, at the beginning and end of each day.
2. The regular use of sanitizer on removals jobs, and in particular at the start and end of each job.
3. Wearing of masks on all removals jobs. Wearing of gloves where required.
4. Limited contact with customers during your move. This means only one of our staff will briefly interact with one household member at the beginning of each move. We will obtain quick instructions and then ask that the customer then leave the premises or if not possible isolate in one room during the move.
5. We are no longer requiring our customers to digitally sign on and off using our ipad devices. We will ask you to verbally agree to our terms and conditions.
6. Limiting travel in our vehicles to a 2 person only.
7. Recording of travel logs for all addresses our workers attend each day.
8. We can also provide completely Contact-Free moves, for instance to help customers in a high risk category. This is much safer for people who do not wish to be present at the time of their house move. This will require a little more co-ordination in terms of creation of inventories, labeling of items to be moved and access to property keys. Feel free to call us to discuss this Contact Free move option.
9. Our staff must not attend work if they are:
10. Keeping our teams up to date with all current rules, restrictions and best COVID safe hygiene procedures.
Please note the information presented above provides no guarantee that your move will go ahead as planned. We note that information is changing regularly and without notice. We recommend you make your own enquiries with relevant government authorities, to be certain the activity you wish to undertake is permissible under prevailing restrictions. There are strict quarantine and hygiene rules and restrictions in place to prevent the spread of COVID 19. We ask that you become familiar with these rules, and comply with them. We note there are penalties in place for breaches of current rules and restrictions.
If you have any questions please reach out to us on (03) 9077 3120.