Can I keep costs down by helping with the furniture removals?
Jump on in!! You can help our removalists as little or as much as you like. The faster the move, the more you save!
How much notice do you need for the booking?
You can book for same day service if you like. However, the more notice you give us the more likely we will be available at the time that you require a furniture removalist. One to two weeks’ notice is standard.
Do Homemove furniture removals dismantle or reassemble furniture?
We sure do. Our Home-Heroes carry basic tools and are happy to take apart and put back together beds, shelving or any similar items.
How long will the move take?
This depends on a number of factors including, the nature and number of the items to be moved, the access (eg stairs or lift) at either end of the move and how close we can park the truck to your front door. As a rough guide:
- One bedroom: 2 to 3 hours
- Two bedrooms: 3 to 4 hours
- Three to Four bedrooms: 6.5 to 8 hours
Rest assured that our professional furniture removalists always aim to move you as efficiently and safely as possible.
Does Homemove have insurance?
We have Public Liability Insurance for pick-up and drop-off properties.
In relation to the items we are transporting you are protected by our HomeMove Hero’s – Pledge of Care. This is our written guarantee to repair damage caused by our negligence up to the value of $5000 per item. You MUST:1. be present for the duration of the move and,
2. report damage before job completion. We recommend you click here and read our full terms and conditions, so you know exactly what we do and don’t cover. Insurance Options: If you need further cover against loss or damage to your goods then we recommend that you take out insurance before the relocation. You may be able to:
1. simply add insurance for the removal onto your current policy for household contents, or
2. book online with insurers such as www.removalsinsurance.com.au.
When and how do I pay?
You can pay by cash, visa or master card. All payments must be made immediately at the completion of each furniture removals job. A $10 fee applies to all credit card transactions.
Why does Homemove charge by the hour for furniture removals?
Charging by the hour results in a cheaper price. Sales people from other companies calculate a fixed price based on the estimated MAXIMUM time each part of your move will take. They always allow for additional time, so fixed prices are costed to the maximum time your move may take.
What times can I start my move?
- We have three start slots:
- Morning slot: 7:50 am start.
- Mid slot: we could arrive anytime between 11 and 1:30pm.
- Arvo slot: we could arrive anytime between 2pm and 4:30pm.
- It is difficult for us to give an exact start time for our Mid and Arvo slots. Instead we give you a start window as well as a call 30 minutes before we arrive.
If the times above don’t work for you, please give us a buzz and we’ll try to be flexible.