Box Buy Back
We provide 100% recycled removal boxes for those people choosing HomeMove as their furniture removals company.
We will even buy back your HomeMove moving boxes when you have finished with them. We will collect for free within a 25km radius of Melbourne CBD.
(Applies to a minimum return of 25 boxes).
Buy Back Price
- Per Bookcase box – $1
- Per Tea chest box – $1
- Per Portrobe – $5
Melbourne Box Delivery Costs
A $25 fee applies per delivery of moving boxes. We will collect your buy back boxes for free. Otherwise you can simply pick up or drop them off at our Brunswick office.
Writing on Boxes
To be eligible for a buy back please DO NOT WRITE ON THE BOXES. If you need to label boxes, please write on the tape. Please note, some second hand boxes that we provide may have already been written on by previous customers.
HomeMove Box Hire FAQ's
How many moving boxes can I order?
You can order as many boxes as you like.
Are the moving boxes new?
Some of the boxes we provide are new, most have been previously used but are in a suitable condition.
When and how do I pay for/order the boxes?
Boxes can be ordered over the internet, order here
– You must have a confirmed booking with us to order to take advantage of our box buy back scheme.
– All payments must be made by visa or mastercard at the time of ordering. All box deposits (and any delivery fees) must be paid prior to the boxes being collected by you or delivered by us.
How do I get my refund?
We will either:
a) refund directly to your credit card or
b) post you a cheque.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for refunds to be processed.
How can I get/return my moving boxes?
1. You can come to us: You can collect from and return boxes to our warehouse at 420 Victoria St Brunswick. We are generally open:
– Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9am to 5pm.
– Tuesdays 9am to 6pm.
– Thursdays 7:30 am to 5pm. We recommend that you call us at least 30 minutes beforehand as our removals team is not always present at the warehouse. You can only order boxes online and must bring your Box Order number when you come to collect boxes. All returned boxes must be handed directly to a member of our staff. We will not pay a refund for any boxes merely left at our premises or placed in the care of non-HomeMove staff. 2. We can come to you: We can deliver/collect your boxes on Tuesdays between 10 am and 3 pm only. We cannot guarantee exact delivery/collection times and could arrive at any time during this 10am to 3pm time window.
Deliveries – You select a delivery date online at the same time you order boxes.
Fees – A $25 fee applies to all deliveries.
Do I need to be at home for deliveries and collections?
No. As long as there is a secure, dry, undercover area where the boxes can be left. (Eg. front porch away from street view).
How long does it take to deliver/collect boxes?
All pick up/ delivery bookings must be placed by 5pm Saturday, for delivery and/or collection of boxes on the following Tuesday.
Please note on rare occasions some deliveries and/or collections may be delayed by a week.
Do you deliver to and collect from all suburbs?
We only offer this service to those within a 25 km radius of the CBD. If you live further out please give us a call as we may be able to make alternative arrangements.
How strong are the boxes?
Our 100% recycled removals boxes are very sturdy, however, watch out for water damage, sharp objects and try not over load them.
How should I tape my boxes to avoid damage?
Use professional packing tape. Apply 2 strips of tape along the seam at the base of the carton and at least 1 strip at the top when you’ve packed it.
Do boxes need to be returned in perfect condition?
Boxes must be returned in a reasonable and reusable condition. We understand that boxes undergo typical wear and tear during the removals process, but, will not pay refunds for boxes that have been badly torn or damaged.
What should I do when returning the boxes?
Please note all boxes must be flattened ready for collection or return.
We do not accept return of used packing paper or other odd shaped boxes, so please do not leave these out for collection. If these unwanted materials/boxes are returned to us we reserve the right to take money out of your refund for disposal fees.